Friday, December 28, 2012

HOOVER'S HOLIDAY JUMPER

Happy New Year from our family to yours! Just as Hoover's book states, "Keep Calm and Carry On," we've had quite a year of ups and downs. It's no secret that life is full of that and often the media tends to amplify way more of the negative than positive. So my personal resolution for the new year is to take some time to relax, unplug, spend more time doing things I love to do rather than things I HAVE to do and lastly, look for the beauty in everything and everyone surrounding us. There's so much out there to be grateful for and I'm coming to the age where I choose to embrace that. Our world has become more complicated and hectic than ever and if I were to predict a trend for the upcoming year it would involve people choosing to participate in activities that calm them the heck down--knitting being one of them. After the frenzy of opening packages and preparing the Christmas meal, I trolled the internet, looking for an easy pattern. Let's hear it for the designers out there who choose to share their designs. Thank you to Ravelry for that and also Knitty, the online magazine, where I found this adorable doggie sweater pattern called Penny by the talented designer Corinne Niessner. I whipped up this adorable jumper for my baby pomeranian Hoover in just a few hours--truly bringing me peace and joy on the holiday. Best wishes everyone for a safe, happy and healthy new year! xo RT